Friday, May 11, 2012

Watermelon and Feta Salad

Watermelons mean that summer is here! It’s time to break out the barbecues and beach towels. Now I realize that summer doesn’t start until June, but I pretty much feel like I am on an extended summer vacation as I search for a job.

I keep seeing chefs pair watermelon and feta and was really excited to try the interesting combination. 



WATERMELON AND FETA SALAD - Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 cups ½-inch cubed watermelon
1 (8-ounce) block feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cups arugula
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. 

On a large serving plate, place the dried arugula leaves, followed by the watermelon and arugula. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment